Citing a tough budget, DASD is raising fees for many activities as is WCASD.
According to Superintendent Mussoline, the DASD School Board recently approved changes to the 2012-13 athletic and extracurricular participation fees, school luncheon costs and high school parking fees. The fee changes are as follows:
- School Lunches: Elementary Students: increased to $2.25 per meal Secondary Students: increased to $2.50 per meal
- Elementary band, choir, orchestra, non-academic clubs, and intramurals: (no changes) Elementary music program participation fee remains $25.00 for participation in any or all music programs. In addition, students pay one $25.00 fee if they participate in one or more club or intramural activity.
- Middle School band, choir, orchestra, musical theater, and PIAA Sports: PIAA sport participation fee to remain at $75.00 per sport played. Chorus, orchestra and band participation fee is reduced to $25.00 per activity.
- Middle School non-academic clubs and non-tutorial activities (no changes): Students pay one $25.00 fee if they participate in one or more clubs or intramural activity regardless of their participation in music or PIAA sports
- High School band, choir, musical theater, orchestra, and PIAA sports: High school band participation fee increased to $100.00 per student. This one fee covers all band groups that one may participate in during a year. Choir and orchestra participation fee decreased to $50.00 per student. This one fee covers all choirs/orchestras that one may participate in during a year. PIAA basketball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball, and wrestling participation fees increased to $100.00. All other PIAA sports will pay a $75.00 participation fee.
- High School non-academic clubs and non-tutorial activities (no changes): Students pay one $25.00 fee if they participate in one or more club or intramural activity regardless of their participation in music or PIAA sports
- Family Cap: Increased to $250.00. The cap applies to any family whose child(ren)’s participation in music, sports, or musical theater activities total more than $250.00. The maximum amount paid will be $250.00 per school year. The cap does not include non-academic clubs, non-tutorial activities, intramurals, or high school student parking fees.
- High School parking permits: The parking fee has been reduced to $50.00 however, there will be no exceptions, prorating, or waivers from the parking permit fee.